INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Readings Property Group (Readings) wants to give you the best experience possible. We use the personal information you share with us to make our services and your experience even better. This privacy statement aims to give you a clear view of how we use personal information that you provide, our dedication to protecting it, your rights and the options you have to control your personal information and protect your privacy. It also outlines what personal information we collect about you when you visit our website, office or call us and the third parties we’ll share it with.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
“Personal information” is any information that relates to you and identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us. Readings will collect various types of personal information including the following (as applicable):
READINGS MARKETING OPT-IN
If you opt in to receive marketing messages from Readings, we’ll ask for your name, e-mail address, mobile number and/or postal address.
USE OF OUR SERVICES
When you use our services we’ll ask for personal information (at the moment of collection we’ll explain what information is required in order for us to provide the particular service, and what information you may choose to provide), such as:
- your postal address and payment details where applicable;
- your email-address when signing up for newsletters;
- a record of our correspondence with you (including any feedback you have provided on any of our services).
If you’re looking to rent a commercial or residential property then the following information will be required:
- your date of birth and/or confirmation that you are above a certain age;
- current employment and proof of finances;
- previous tenancy details and employment history for referencing purposes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We’ll collect information about how you use the Readings website. A visit to one of our website results in data being sent from your browser to our servers. We’ll collect personal information in this way, such as:
- your IP address;
- the date and time of the visit and how long you remained on our website;
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has come);
- the pages visited on our website; and
- information about the device and browser (such as, browser type and version, operating system, etc).
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Most of the information we collect about you will be personal information that you have voluntarily provided to us, for example, through our website, a visit to our office, a home visit or a phone call.
Other third party sources from whom we may obtain your personal information for a potential residential or commercial let include:
- credit reference agencies;
- law enforcement/regulatory bodies;
- companies providing commercially available databases;
- current and previous employers.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect from the sources listed above will be used in the format that it is received, or, where appropriate, will be combined with personal information we obtain from other internal or external sources.
We use and analyse this personal information where necessary for the following purposes detailed below:
- Our service offering: we use relevant personal information described above (including your name, telephone number, postal and email address and payment details where applicable) to process and deliver our service to you. In addition, we may use your age, year of birth or confirmation that you are above a certain age to ascertain whether you meet the minimum age requirement and whether you are considered to be a minor for data protection and/or marketing law purposes. It is necessary to process your personal information in this way for the performance of a contract with Readings.
- Preventing fraud: we’ll also use your personal information to assess your creditworthiness and to prevent fraud. For this purpose, we may need to share your personal information with our credit rating providers (see “how we share your personal information” below). This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we are not the victim of fraud and to protect our legal rights set out in the Terms and Conditions.
- To provide customer support: if you contact a member of our team (or vice versa), we’ll use personal information such as your service information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We’ll process your personal information if it’s required for us to comply with any legal obligations. If it’s not necessary to process your personal data for either of these reasons we’ll process it as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we can provide the best service possible.
- To engage with you: we’ll use your personal information to provide you with the services you have requested from us, such as company news, Readings Reward Card scheme and events such as auctions. This will, if applicable, include the use of your personal information for submission and publication (on our website or a third party’s) in relation to newsworthy content and feedback.
- E-newsletters: if you choose to receive them we’ll use your contact details to send you a welcoming email to verify your email address, to communicate with you in response to any inquiries and to send you service related announcements, for example office closures due to public holidays. In addition, we’ll use any information you provide voluntarily to us in free text boxes to improve our services. It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests to undertake this analysis and to provide you with the best services possible.
- Marketing:when you sign up to receive Readings newsletters we’ll use your personal information to send you personalised marketing messages and newsletters and for opinion research purposes. Below you can find a more detailed description of the ways in which we’ll use your personal information for these purposes.
- What kind of channels: we’ll send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email or phone. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, in order to use the contact details you have provided to us to send our personalised marketing communications.
- What kind of messages: We’ll, in certain circumstances, also use the channels for opinion research (such as to ask if you would like to participate in a survey) and to learn about your experience and improve your experience with Readings, including by sending you personalised messages.
We’ll ask for your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this privacy statement and as required to do so under applicable law. We’ll not use your personal information for other purposes before we have received such consent.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We treat your personal information with care and confidentiality and do not share it with third parties other than as set out below.
With service providers
We’ll share your personal information as necessary and only for the purposes and on lawful grounds with various third parties who process your personal information on our behalf, such as third parties that run our website hosting, payment and fraud management providers, credit scoring agencies and analytics platform providers. We require that these service providers and other third parties adhere to strict rules when processing your personal information, including to only use your personal information in accordance with Readings’ instructions and the applicable laws.
With legal and law enforcement agencies
Readings will disclose personal information where required by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interest, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies, to protect and defend Readings’ property and legal rights, to protect the personal safety of Readings clients or by order of a valid injunction from a court or law enforcement agency.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting your personal information and implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect it against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We’ll keep your personal information for two years from your last interaction with us unless a longer or shorter retention period is required by law, is necessary in the course of legal proceedings or is otherwise needed for a particular purpose under applicable law. The following are examples to illustrate how Readings keeps your personal information for as long as necessary for a particular purpose:
- we may keep your personal information collected during a purchase for as long as required by tax laws;
- we may keep your personal information for a shorter period if you ask us to delete your personal information. In such a case, Readings will aim to delete your personal information within a maximum period of one month from the date of the request;
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
As a general rule, we do not intentionally collect personal information about children under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected personal information about children under the age of 18, we’ll take steps to delete the information as soon as possible, except where we are required by applicable law to keep it.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE AND SERVICES
Our website may contain links to third party website. We have no control over how third party website and services process your personal information. We do not review third party website and services, and we are not responsible for such third party website and services or their privacy practices. Please read the privacy statements of any third party website or services that you access from our website or services.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fair play and transparency are important to us. We are open about the personal information we collect and have implemented mechanisms to enable you to exercise any rights you might have with respect to your personal information.
Where we have obtained your consent in relation to your personal information (e.g. your consent to receiving direct marketing messages), you can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
ACCESS TO, DELETION, AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can send us a request for access to any personal information we have about you using the contact details set out at the end of this privacy statement.
After receiving your request and sufficient information to verify your identity we’ll provide you with a copy of the personal information we have about you which you are entitled to have under applicable law. We’ll also confirm the purposes for which such personal information is being used, its recipients and the origin of the information.
You may write to us at any time requesting amendments to certain personal information that you consider to be incorrect or irrelevant or to request that we block, erase or otherwise remove your personal information. You may also write to us at any time to object to our use of your personal information, restrict our use of your personal information, or request that we provide your personal information in a usable electronic. We’ll comply with these requests in relation to your personal information in line with applicable law.
OPTING OUT AND UNSUBSCRIBING FROM MARKETING MESSAGES
All our marketing communications contain an easy way to opt out from receiving future messages, such as a link through which you can unsubscribe. You may also opt out for particular channels (for example email or SMS) by contacting us.
If you’d like to opt out of receiving Readings marketing messages you may use the unsubscribe link contained in the messages you have received, or alternatively you could contact us:
Online form at https://www.readingspropertygroup.com/contact-us/
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Readings has pledged to adhere to the fundamental principles of privacy and data protection. We may update this privacy statement from time to time to keep it up to date and to stay in line with applicable law. If we make significant changes to this privacy statement, we’ll inform you by posting a notification on our website along with an updated version of the privacy statement.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal information, how to exercise your rights or about our privacy statement you are welcome to contact us at:
Online form at https://www.readingspropertygroup.com/contact-us/
E-mail us at email@example.com
If you prefer to contact us by regular mail, please send your request to the following address:
Readings Property Group
48 Granby Street
LAST UPDATED: April 2018
LAST UPDATED: April 2018
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COOKIES
FIRST OF ALL… WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They don’t take much space and they will be removed automatically when expired. Some cookies expire at the end of your internet session, while others will be saved for a limited amount of time.
REQUIRED COOKIES are essential and help you navigate, move around on the website and see certain features. These cookies are required to enable core site functionality. These cookies are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
FUNCTIONALITY AND ANALYTICS COOKIES are there so we can give you an even smoother customer experience. These cookies allow us to analyse site usage so we can measure and improve performance. These cookies may be placed by us or a third party on our behalf (see our cookie opt-out tool) and are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T LIKE COOKIES?
You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent certain cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. The ‘help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings.
Because the opt-out tools may depend on cookies, you may need to visit these sites again to reinstate your preferences if you delete your cookies.