As the saying goes an Englishman’s home is his castle. So, when you choose a place to live, whether it’s a one bed flat or a 12 bed mansion, it’s got to be a place that’s right for you for it to feel like home. And again, when it comes time to move on, it’s important that the place you have called home gets the price it deserves.
Selling your house and ensuring you get the best price for it can be a minefield if you choose the wrong estate agent to assist you with the sale. It’s the difference between getting a good price and no sale at all, so it’s absolutely critical to choose the company that is right for you, one which you know you can trust to take care of your house sale from start to finish, using the right level of experience to avoid any pitfalls along the way.
If you are looking to put your home on the market and are wondering how to choose your Leicester Estate Agent, there are some things you should definitely consider first.
- Firstly, nothing beats a good recommendation from family and friends. After all, they are the ones who know you best, they know the sort of people you will feel comfortable dealing with and they’ll also be able to recommend a good Leicester estate agent who has done well for them in the past.
- Do your homework – take a look at a few estate agents in the Leicester area. How do they market the homes they have for sale? Do they make them look appealing? Are the offices clean, appealing and professional, yet welcoming?
- If you’re selling your home in Leicestershire, choose a good local estate agent which should have decent knowledge of the surrounding area and know the prices that similar houses to yours are going for.
- Experience is always a good bet, so find an estate agent which has sold properties like yours in the past. Do they have similar homes in the window?
- Check their viewing policy – will they accompany prospective buyers or leave you to do all the ground work?
- Find out what their marketing policy is like and how they will make sure that your home is getting in the line of vision of possible buyers and it’s looking good when it does. Also, make sure they use the right online portals to market your property too – ones such as Rightmove and Zoopla.
- Check their qualifications – are they members of professional bodies, such as The National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA).
- Make sure they give you a realistic valuation. All too often a second rate estate agents will price your house too high to entice you to go with them with the hope of reducing the price later. Not only does this hinder your chances of making a good first impact on buyers, it’s also more likely to delay or even prevent a sale. Stick with an estate agent who will be honest and professional with you from the start.
Contact Readings today with your property enquiry
While buying and selling houses can potentially come with the odd headache or two, if you do your research well, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to find a good Leicester Estate Agent that will get your home on the market and sold at a good price in good time.
Contact Readings today with your property enquiry. With an 80 year heritage in estate agency, professional qualifications and a reputation to be proud of, we’re sure we can give you the help you need to sell your home.