Our Sales Negotiator Abby is always called out for her excellent service by our clients and receives a continuous stream of flowers, thank you cards and chocolates (luckily she shares them with us in the office!).
So let’s put a face to the name and find out a little more about her…
1. What’s your most memorable facepalm moment?
Slipping on the beach in front of everyone? I was swinging on a fold out chair backwards and it closed up on me and I went to the ground like a sack of spuds!
2. As a Sales Negotiator, what aspect of your role do you enjoy the most?
Securing a deal that both the buyer and seller are happy with. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that I help people find their new home.
3. What attracted you to work for Readings?
I’d worked in hospitality for 5 years and really wanted a change of scenery. I thought Readings would be a great place to build upon my existing customer service skills.
4. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I enjoy a good sing-a-long to movie soundtracks including High School Musical – I was at an acceptable age when this came out, honest!
5. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
My alarm… if it wasn’t for that, I’d happily snooze. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
6. Before working at Readings, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked in a crêpe van at Sonisphere Festival for a weekend when I was 16. Live music plus lots of free pancakes, what’s not to love?
7. If you could switch your job with anyone else within Readings, whose job would you want?
Ravi, our resident Marketing person. I think it’s an area that I would enjoy, I’m full of ideas!
8. What have you gained from working at Readings?
Knowledge of the property market and how estate agency works. I’ve learnt an even wider set of customer service skills and dealing with a variety of people from professionals to the general public.
9. Choose your Little Miss character, to describe your work personality.
Is there one for being the memory for the sales team? Or an inquisitive one as I have no problems in asking lots of questions. Not long after I started I remember James [our Sales Director] described me as a breath of fresh air … not sure if that is still the case, haha!
We think Little Miss Curious who wants to know everything is quite fitting!
10. Name your least and most favourite foods?
I am THE fussiest eater, it would be hard to decide on my favourite from the choice of Chinese, Italian, Sunday roast, steak hmmmm. Least favourite – anything healthy!